Monday, January 5, 2015

Imaginext Ion Aliens

The Ion Aliens are these colorful 3-inch figures made for the Imaginext toyline by Fisher Price. They're available exclusively within an equal number of playsets and vehicles.  The toyline also features a few human astronaut-fighters, which are far less interesting.

So far, seven alien figures have been produced (in five sculpts).  This 2013-2014 series differs from any prior Imaginext aliens by the fact that they each have only one eyeball.  I assume this is what makes them "Ion" aliens, as in "I've got my Ion you."  Haha.  This is not part of the copy or anything, just the toy-logic I have drawn.

the five sculpts

the three variants

insect guy, tentacle guy, fish guy

alien leader with his pet alien (on the head of a human)

the three weapons that come with Ion Aliens

I hope we see even more varieties of Ion Aliens in 2015.  I really wish Imaginext would make a few 2-packs of these aliens (if only color variants) to supplement those which come with the vehicles and playsets.  Imaginext makes such 2-figure packs with all their other lines.  As I've mentioned, each of these aliens were only available within their respective playset.  While, in general, I don't mind buying the playsets just to get the figures -- it would be nice have a sense of reducing the overall cost per figure if we could add a few directly through 2-packs.  Plus, it would allow kids and collectors to build a substantial alien army to really take on those pesky humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment